Mar 4, 2011

Catfish (2010)

I'm so grateful I went into this movie knowing nothing. I didn't even realize it was a documentary. Obviously, if you are reading this review, I've just spilled the beans. I purposely avoid previews and written reviews just so I can be pleasantly surprised. Catfish was a very pleasant surprise.

Maybe I loved this film because I had a very similar experience, which I chronicled on my personal blog. If you dig hard enough, you'll find it. But I honestly think it's a film everyone can relate to on some level. It's dumb luck that what they started filming turned into such an interesting story, but that doesn't take away from the brilliant editing, which weaved the perfect narrative.

One of the best films of 2010.

Rating: B+

6 comments:

Angie said...

Just watched this. So good.

SJ said...

Found your blog quite randomly from Netflix. Want to see this movie. Apparently I live close to you. Who knew.

Supercords said...

Right here in Lehi, Utah. Glad you found the site. It's a labor of love, but hopefully other people will get some use out of it too.

SJ said...

I'm in Salt Lake. If you could recommend one movie, your current favorite, or maybe favorite of all time, what would it be?

Supercords said...

This is a tough questions, so let me direct you to this list located on the right side of this blog: http://supercords.blogspot.com/2009/12/top-50-films-of-decade.html

It's my Top 50 movies of the last decade. Make sure you've seen the top 5. After that, we'll talk :)

SJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.