Nov 11, 2011

Fast Five (2011)

I’ll bet if I was 7 this would be the greatest movie of all time. But as an adult, I can’t help wondering how I’m supposed to root for a group of people who do a billion dollars worth of infrastructure damage to the city of Rio, killing I don’t know how many countless innocent bystanders, all while stealing a bunch of money.

The acting was fair to poor. The stunts are beyond ridiculous. It might as well be a superhero movie, because each of the main characters would have died 10 times over in real life. It makes The Italian Job look like a documentary. At the same time, it looked and sounded amazing on Blu-Ray. It’s getting harder to check my brain at the door, but I still enjoy a seeing a 100 million+ dollars sprayed across the screen for my entertainment.

Rating: C

No comments: