Jul 1, 2012

Transporter 2 (2005)

I was incredibly psyched to see this movie. I had watched Transporter
on DVD the day before, just to get the story and characters straight--
not much story to get, but I did notice many allusions to the first
film. After watching the Making Of feature, I saw how much Lettier was involved in the first film, and was glad he was on board as director of the second. Plus, his directorial debut "Unleashed" (Danny The Dog) was one of the only two films I gave an A to this year.

But all that good stuff only served to make me even more displeased
with the sequel; a poorly written, unfunny let down of a movie. Yeah,
there were a couple cool fight scenes, but the first one had those in
spades in addition to making you laugh and keeping you interested in
the plotline.

Rating: D+

No comments: