Nov 19, 2012

Casablanca (1942)

It takes a lot of mental fortitude for me to sit down and watch an old movie. I'm rarely impressed. But, I felt I had to see where all those moronic one liners came from, like "Here's lookin' at you kid", and "Play it again Sam".

Suffered through the black and white print with poor sound quality. Cringed at the shooting scene where the bullet somehow penetrated the white suit and body without so much as leaving a hole in the fabric, let alone a blood stain.It killed him dead though.

The story of this highly rated classic wasn't bad, and I was able to stay awake the entire time, so that's something. I still hope they all die horrible deaths from lung cancer, just to teach them a lesson for making me watch every actor on screen sucking on a cigarette like it was his will to live.

Rating: C-

No comments: