Feb 9, 2013

Racing Dreams (2009)

I should state right off the bat that I hate NASCAR. But Racing Dreams is a documentary about kids trying to become NASCAR drivers through success in pro go-kart racing, so it had some appeal to me. Some. The subjects are tweens. One can only take so much footage of a tweens daily life before reaching for the fast forward button.

The culture they grow up in, Southern Culture, is completely foreign to me. I have a hard time relating. You know, little kids drinking Red Bull, moms with flat tops, Dads with their kids being raised by their grandparents while they are in prison, country music. Gross stuff. I’m not too keen on the South.

But like Hoop Dreams and all the other docs that follow young kids trying to become successful, it was fun to see their passion and energy.

Rating: C

No comments: