Apr 16, 2014

Ender’s Game (2013)

I read this series when I was a kid, but forgot almost everything. Consequently, I was able to enjoy the movie on its own merits, rather than comparing it to the book. These children-in-charge movies are all the rage lately, what with the Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games franchises leading the way. Ender’s Game follows a similar path, however I think it will appeal to adults a bit more than the others.

The actor playing Ender did a great job. Perfect casting. I could do without Han Solo, but whatever. Some good scenes about how to deal with bullies and be a leader in difficult situations. The action sequences are mostly simulated, so this is something you could take the entire family to. I was engaged the whole film and enjoyed it.

Rating: C+

No comments: