Jul 17, 2014

loudQUIETloud: A Film About the Pixies (2006)

Of all the band reunions happening this past decade, I remember The Pixies being the one I hoped and prayed for. The one that was logistically possible, yet seemingly unobtainable. Then I caught wind of practice sessions. Could it be?

A warm up show date hit the Internet. Holy crap, it was on! LoudQuietloud shows the fans how it all went down. It's the perfect homage to one of the greatest rock bands of our generation.

When the Salt Lake City tour date was announced, it wasn't a question of whether I would go, it was "how soon can I buy my ticket?" Certainly one of the high points of my concert life. They sounded amazing. Watching the film, I actually teared up on multiple occasions. This tour meant so much to so many. Only a true Pixies fan would know what I mean. Watching Frank, Kim, David, and Joey playing live together again, you could tell it meant a lot to them as well.

Rating: B-

No comments: