Jul 18, 2013

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Not exactly the movie I anticipated going in. I was looking forward to more of a gorilla warfare killing spree. Instead, the plot was much more involved, with very little action scenes by the rebel squad. It's a drama, first and foremost, with extremely violent intermissions.

As a Tarantino loyalist, it hurts me to say that I wish the film had gone in the direction I expected. More run and gun, less plot and intrigue. I would have liked to learn more about the various members of the band, how they got their nicknames, where they are from, how they came to be recruited, and the various interactions among them as they cut their way through he Nazi lines. We got one solitary scene of that.

It's not a bad movie, just not the one I was hoping to see.

Rating: B-

No comments: