Feb 25, 2020

The Call Of The Wild (2020)

Ugh. Why didn’t someone tell me all the animals were CGI *before* I went to see this?!?! I’m of the mindset that animated animals are great inside animated films, but if a movie is live-action, I want REAL animals. I can’t get emotionally involved in a CGI dog when it takes place inside the real world. But let’s put that aside.

Who was directing this mess?!?!?! Oh yeah, Chris Sanders, whose three previous directing projects were: The Croods, How To Train Your Dragon, and Lilo & Stitch. That's explains a lot. His version of The Call Of The Wild is shot like a cartoon.

The story is rambling and doesn’t really go anywhere. Random scenes were inserted without explanation. There are throwaway characters galore. Action sequences are preposterous. Little made sense. It’s a hot mess in a cold climate.

Rating: D-

No comments: